Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Record of Abuse

Hi, I'm Nobunaga. I was abandoned because I ate too much and wanted to play. Well, and wanted to get out some, and meet friends too. I guess I got too big too fast. The breeder or shop who sold me didn't offer any help or advice to my first family, and didn't offer to take me back when my owner didn't want me any more, so I got thrown out. Probably driven away by car, which is why I will never get in a car voluntarily ever again. Period. 
I got lucky, because when Mummy got me, I was so thin and weak, I couldn't walk, I couldn't pee standing up, I had such a weak digestive system from lack of walkies, I was vomiting a lot and had constant diarrhea. On my way to meet my maker, I guess...so I want to beg you to protect me and other dogs like me, with compulsory registered owner information in microchips. Yes, and a nationwide database to identify abusive owners and irresponsible breeders, rapacious pet stores, so they don't get a chance to ruin the next doggie life they take a fancy to. America has one, don't let them take it down. See, some bloggers are saving the info, and helping us! Information is power! Spread the word! Let's have support here in Japan too!
Hi, I'm Sherlock Holmes. My owner trained me so hard to heel, beat me up with a stick when I wouldn't do things the right way, kicked me, I was like a zombie and kept my belly close to the ground for safety...so scary, every day, not sure where the next moment of pain was coming from, couldn't relax, trying so hard so hard to be good, see me wagging my tail tucked at my belly, see, good, good, but what should I do to be good in your eyes? Not sure, oh boy, but it's coming, your anger, my pain, your anger...every muscle in my body rigid with fear, frozen...and I try so hard, and you just throw me out...worthless? broken? cherry eye genes? Can't look you in the face, never, don't hit me, who are you? 
And I'm learning to see who my Mummy is now, love in voice and eyes, trust in freedom, understand my own mind and control my own body, so I want to beg you to protect me and other dogs like me, with compulsory registered owner information in microchips. Yes, and a nationwide database to identify abusive owners and irresponsible breeders, rapacious pet stores, so they don't get a chance to ruin the next doggie life they take a fancy to. Information is power!
Hello. I'm Claire. I'm really good at hunting, scents, birds, flight paths, wind, angles, woodlands...I lock on to birds like you wouldn't believe...but I guess I just got too old, or maybe my owner just got too old and gave up on caring for me, his family won't care for me...so confusing to be rejected, abandoned, it breaks my heart, I don't understand. I miss him. I'm good at chasing the postman too, and barking at intruders, how can a whole life just get taken away in one moment? Behind bars. No exit. No light. No love.
I know I got lucky, saved by CACI, cages and more cages, biding my time to find Mummy...so I want to beg you to protect me and other dogs like me, with compulsory registered owner information in microchips. Yes, and a nationwide database to identify abusive owners and irresponsible breeders, rapacious pet stores, so they don't get a chance to ruin the next doggie life they take a fancy to. Information is power! Spread the word!

1 comment: