Thursday, February 9, 2017

Allergic Reaction

Morning Sherlock was a cutie under the covers, his first time ever inside the bed, not on top...until I had a closer look at his face...
...puffy eyelids, hugely swollen chops...I had cold hands, so I felt around his gums and cheeks from the inside to cool the skin, and to see if it was something to do with teeth (my vet, Dr. Koyama, later told me if it's teeth, you usually get a swelling on one side only). I then decided to make some good vegie soup to flush out whatever trigger was causing the allergy, and fortunately Sherlock ate with gusto before burrowing straight back into the drowsy warmth of bed...or rather, futon...
After a call to Dr Koyama, who was so concerned for Sherlock he even suggested rushing to a more local vet, we all upped and got into the car in the drizzle-the cute thing was, I was going to ask Claire and Nobu to wait at home, only Sherlock wouldn't budge unless all three of the setters got going...
...fortunately there were no traffic jams or anything, so we arrived smoothly for a great consultation and loads of pics to document what was happening. The ensuing shot had an immediate soothing effect, Sherlock was visibly less puffy, and after a short walkies we all headed home. By tomorrow I think Sherlock will be back to being his cute perky and photogenic self. Thank you Dr. Koyama, you're a life saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment