Thursday, October 9, 2014

Aromatherapy and Healing Hands

Luna gave me quite a shock yesterday morning, after a 6am pottie break in the garden for the dogs, I fell asleep again and woke up at 8am to get brekkie ready: Luna was crashed in the doggie bed, unable to wag even her tail, and totally uninterested in getting up for food (the unthinkable, she is always jumping all over the place with excitement at mealtimes).  Even with some cheddar, she licked it limply and just lay there. I got ready to take Nobu and Claire, and she wobbled over to the door to come with us, but after a couple of weak steps to the corner park, she lay down in the dirt, so I picked her up and carried her home again before going out with Nobu and Claire. This is it, her time has come, I thought, and rubbed a lick of essential oils on her belly before going out to work. Ajowan is a strong antibiotic, marjoram soothes inflammation, palma rosa works on fatigue, juniper berry is great for the kidneys and waterworks, and chamomile relaxes and soothes, all based in calendula (marigold) carrier oil...
Fortunately she wasn't alone for long, as Tosh took time off work to sit with her, and towards evening she was eating and perked up. When I got home I asked for the help of the Hase Temple Kannon, and bathed Luna in golden healing light...
Fortunately today she seems right as rain, enjoying a lunchtime stroll in the Shinrin park with her usual gusto and smiles...now it's my turn to get headaches with the impending typhoon...



No comments:

Post a Comment