Sunday, January 8, 2012

Japanese Dream

Nobu indulged in the ultimate Japanese male fantasy, ear cleaning with his head in my lap...He got so comfy, almost falling asleep, I didn't want to get up and disturb him.

I took him to the vet on Thursday because he kept scratching at his harness and neck on walks in an attempt to get at his ears, and they were getting quite hot and sore...I also spent one night with my hand over his ear to stop him scratching, so it was about time when we went. It seems the ears have deepseated dirt which is irritating him, and he's on a week's course of antibiotics and anti-inflammation pills, plus I'm supposed to wash his ears with solution every day. Both dogs love it when there's medicine, because I add Fish4dogs Salmon Mousse to their kibble, hiding the medicine in the tasty mouthful, and of course it wouldn't do to give only one dog the special treat, so they both get lucky. Real Mary Poppins, just a spoonful of mousse, just a lap and an earclean, makes the medicine go down, in the most delightful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment