Friday, November 11, 2011

Nail Clipping


When Claire started doing a cat scratch on the carpet I knew it was time to clip her nails: we're getting used to each other's touch, and she offers me her paws to clip without fear.
 I'm not quite sure how much I can cut off without hurting her, so I stick to two or three millimeters of nail. It's really easy, you insert the clippers over the nail with the part to cut off peeping out of the hole and then squeeze, and a baby guillotine slices off the nail.

And as winter bears on apace, Claire has decided she's migrating from the carpet to the sofa, and has laid claim to the corner seat - nothing like a dog to warm your feet for the afternoon nap...

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I cannot do that to my Alice, because her nail color is black, and I cannot guess how much is the safe to cut at all...
    Oh, you have only a few months living with English Setter, that longer than I am, but you are superior in cutting dog's nail!!

    ReplyDelete